Thursday, August 25, 2005

Poetic sense....

Well....donno, generally was feeling low today, so will bore u all with a stupid poem taken from William Wordsworth's poem : 'Daffodils'


I WANDER'D lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.


Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the Milky Way,
They stretch'd in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed—and gazed—but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils!

Why are we always so much caught up in the future!....we always visualise that in future i need to do this, be like this, want to make so much money, reach the top....the list goes on.

In the midst of all this are we not losing out something?... Well sure we are! losing out our present, may be i'm in an argumentive mood today (what with all the heady discussions and summers tension for the past few days!), but still somehow got the thought- ' Lets enjoi today, its a beautiful day!'

Think i'll catch up some sleep today...Ciao till next time...Harsha

3 comments:

Aswin said...

Neat poem .. me dealin with solitude here too , so i guess me on similar lines now as you.

Funny you posted this because just last night me and my roommate were discussing about how to balance out between providing for the future and enjoying the present. seems like one hell of a task !

I, for one, have not mastered this yet .. keep bloggin !

Harsha said...

There's been a general feeling of nothingness for quite some time! Donno if its in the air or something, the monotonous and stressful cycle continues.

No time to look back and say, well...i enjoyed that, let me relax!

Prem's Blog said...

Good time to remember Wordsworth....in the hurly-burly of today and in the anticipation of tommorrow we lose out on the precious today.

In this fast paced world we should sometimes pause and look behind to see the distance we've travelled...

Neways how r ur summers panning out..hope u r havin fun...bye!!!