Friday, February 02, 2007

What's missing?

Thats what I have been asking myself over the past couple of weeks. Is it some sort of withdrawal symptom??, am I an overtly emotional individual (I suppose I am emotional, but.... not overboard), Is it just a normal thing that happens to every individual who comes out of those 1200 odd MBA institutes every year?

Ah.... I know I've yet to introduce my problem here- something has suddenly gone amiss after the hum-dum of NITIE! Ah... technically I have yet to complete one more module @ NITIE before I could call myself an Emmmmbeeeeyeaaah grad, as I am yet to complete my winter internship still; but for all practical reasons my further stay there would be only during the final presentation sometime during May and after that- will get restricted to the yearly Sansmaran (the alumni meet @ NITIE)..

Well, what is it that has suddenly gone amiss? Lemme just list down the top 10 here-

1. IP messages.... ah, u'll definetely understand if you are a B-School student. The lifeline of the batch is the inimitable IP messenger!
2. Night mess....nescafe outlet....ataria....general masti@PPO road. Uh, will these just remain as memories now? that's how it seems.....
3. Parties....where else will one find them...
4. IMpress!!! how can I forget my committee.... the late night meetings... the trips to south mumbai... media summit... (how can i forget how we changed 3 speakers on day before it took place:)) and off course all the parties we went out to...
5. Mastishk..... uh, was a real passion for last few months... and my phone expense in one of the months was 2000+.... how can I forget how we got sponsors after much catchin up :)
6. B-School fests... case study competitions.... debates... B Plans...oh, all getting in some handy money whenever my bank account looked dry :)
7. Friends.... and those few GODs who made life simple for us mortals with their notes... one particular mention has to go to an Associate Consultant with SAP GDC :)
8. Some unforgettable getaways- pondside, MDP hostel terrace, short ride to KB, SP and likes..
9. Uh... sometimes I think even the classes were bearable...mess food eatable.... ethics money gathering (urggh...laundering) passable and placement meetings pleasant!
10. Sleeping.... and yeah reading (i was surprised to see that I had bought up nearly 2 carton full of books when I was there, sadly not many text books; but everything apart that)!

Well, contrast this to the everyday life that I am leading now- good food, atleast 8 hours sleep, TV to watch, a handy bike to roam around.....etc etc...

But I just realised one thing that I'm missing more than anything else......- 'The pretence of being occupied, being busy with something or the other, doing things- more than one at a time... and what more, keeping myself up late nights to work on things which may now seem trivial- but felt earth shattering then!'

Hmmm...... let me get back into the 'I'm busy mode'!! Cypress.....bring on the winters fast!

Ciao till next time...Harsha

No comments: