Friday, July 08, 2022

To the Boring. The Consistent. The Relentless.

I decided I'll at least update my blog once every 2 weeks. More frequent if possible. I've noted time every Friday if something hits me to write.

I really don't feel the need to write something thoughtful today.

A commitment needs to be kept i.e., updating my blog in the 30 min window. I am somewhat flustered and would rather do other things than write today. I am too bored to be writing. 

Here's something I found on the internet today. I felt it had a nice ring to it. I agree with the author Jack on consistency, but consistency necessarily need not be boring. Writing is boring. I don't see any payoff in writing. But, then again, who knows! Someday someone might read this. 

They might feel it helped. So, here goes this quote that provoked some thought today. 

"It doesn't matter if you are a weightlifter, writer, hedge fund manager, programmer, or musician. Your success, or lack thereof, will be determined by your ability to do ordinary things for extraordinary lengths of time.

Do some boring stuff, adapt that boring stuff, and don't stop doing the boring stuff. If you can do the boring stuff longer than everyone else, you will probably achieve some not-so-boring results.

- Jack"

I do like the ring of consistency for long periods paying off. I am a believer in that. 

Ciao till next time...Harsha

No comments: