Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ironies of Life!

I have just started understanding what my summer project is, but unfortunately... have to submit my report by next weekend. Can things get any worse? don't tell me they can.

Life as they say is made of two parts- 'past' and 'future'. Between these two phases is a thin line dividing both called as the 'present'.

Most of us tend to live in what I may call as the rosy future- true dreamers as most of us are! Building castles in air is a pastime to most of us.....yeah, someone wrongly (according to me) has said- 'castles in air, precedes castles on earth!'. How wrong can this sentence be... There are others who talk of the gone-by days. My Granny is one classic example of this. She always has a story or two to tell about the golden years of 60's and 70's and the 80's....how she was the epicenter of so many people's world! (she had 5 children, yeah....must have been quite a time dividing attention!).

In the midst of planning for the future and brooding over the past, we miss a trick or two... and forget that the line that divides the future from the past is slowly inching ahead. The line of 'present' is very difficult to grasp!

Well, atleast I have 10 more days with me to grasp the line and make this present a memorable 'past' when I look back in 'future'..... As another saying goes- 'You may be on the right path, but still be run over if you stop moving ahead!'

Just signing out on this note:

Yesterday is, but a dream
And tomorrow, only a vision.
But, today well lived makes...
Every yesterday, a dream of happiness!
And every tomorrow, a vision of hope!!

Ciao till next time...Harsha

No comments: