Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend checklist

Sundays are ideal. This is that period of the week which is ideally spent. Doing not what is demanded from me, but what I want to do.

The day begins not so late, and not that early. Just ideal. 7AM. A short jog around NMK park- I love the spring time flowers that have bloomed... I like that particular tree which has started shedding its pink flowers. The flowers which have fallen form a pink circle encircling the tree. I want to take a pic of that before its gone come summer..

Newspaper seems like bliss along with a cuppa coffee. Deccan Herald and TOI. I like to read the paper backwards. With IPL taking all the back pages.. I usually skim through them nowadays. Swaminathan holds me spell bound usually making me think. Shoba De, Chidananda Rajghatta, etc are glanced through too. I totally love the travel and living sections. I should write them someday. Now its usually 10AM.

A full breakfast and a round of sleep usually is enough to take me to afternoon. A evening meet with friends, a short outing and a fresh exchange of ideas and arguments keep spirits rolling for next week!

Now, what are the 3 things I want to do?
1. Make a visit to the friendly bookstore to pick that book which I can skim through in a day.. I think I can afford Crossword/Landmark or Strands now.
2. Travel. Trek. I want to make more frequent treks around Bangalore.. shed that laziness and get more physical!
3. Put some thinking into the week ahead. I remember this saying.. better think about future- you would be spending quite sometime there..

Well.. there goes my weekend checklist. Now let me get back to my day time reverie...!

Ciao till next time...Harsha

No comments: