Monday, July 13, 2009

The times.. of MJ. Michael Jackson.

I am one of the last people to listen to English music or videos.. sadly I do not understand English songs. For one.. the beats are too loud or the the lyrics are so fast that I fail to catch the meaning of the song.

As I have said before, I stick on to Hindi videos for most part. I feel happy to be dished upon the masala tracks.. the racy run of the mill songs you see on Channel V or MTV. I fail to feel remorseful for this behavior. I am the perfect target for the present Hindi films.

But, why have I put MJ in this article title? The man they call Michael Jackson. I somehow had fallen prey to the dance numbers of a guy called Prabhu Deva. I loved his Tamil and a couple of Hindi videos.. his moves were different from others... It was only a few years back I realized that this guy imitates MJ.. and thats how I got to know Michael Jackson. I have rarely seen his videos, I dont remember his songs.. I dont even feel a thing that he is gone.

But, the way people have reacted to his death is mind blowing! I even read an article which talks about the number of times he had plastic surgery. http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Jackson.html

He was a strange guy..
I even read forwards from friends related to his house.. cum wonderland.. cum obsession cum entertainment park.. (or whatever you may call it)..
Heard this guy took at least dozen pills a day...
Made $2Bn in his lifetime and still owes $400M in death
Had a string of failed sex change operations...
Virtually NO nose, no hair, no skin (on the face as some reports suggest it was pure silicone left)?
Hmm... donno what more some of his fans would know...

But, all in all a weird guy.. may be thats why he became such a famous guy.. hated, loved, respected and pooh-poohed at the same time..

May be.. it was better not to be famous, be black.. but alive? may be happy with homely wife and kids.. but not that rich... may be this may be that... but, may be.... more than anything world needs such weird people. You see, they call them legends.

Ciao till next time...Harsha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now that is some write up.. different yet considerate...
keep it going...
let us get to read frequently...